Updated on June 13th, 2023 by Ben Reynolds
This list of 81 free dividend stock resources is broken down into 8 categories.
Each category has a brief explanation as to how it helps dividend investors and investors in general.
Note: Resources are not ranked in order.
Table Of Contents
You can instantly jump to any specific category by clicking the links below:
- General Investing & Dividend Investing Sites
- Personal Finance Sites
- Dividend Stock Screeners
- Financial Social Networks & Sites
- Famous Investor Sites
- Other Resources
- Further Reading
General Investing & Dividend Investing Sites
There are many styles of dividend investing, ranging from high yield investing to dividend growth investing. Reading the work of other investors who are using dividend investing to grow wealth is a great way to generate new ideas.
- Sure Dividend – High quality dividend growth stocks, long-term plan
- MoneyShow.com – Invest smarter, trade wiser
- Dividend Power – The power of dividend growth investing
- Dividend Growth Investor – Generate a growing dividend income stream
- The Dividend Guy – Passive income through dividend investing
- Dividend Monk – Disciplined dividend stock research
- Dividend Hawk – Dividend growth investing and financial independence
- Dividend Earner – Building wealth through dividend income
- Dividend Diplomats – Dividend reinvesting and frugal living
- Dividends Paradise – Dividend, value, and growth stock screens for long-term investors
- Passive Income Pursuit – Financial independence through dividend growth
- Dividend.com – A wide variety of dividend information and tools
- Stock Spin-Off investing – The best resource for investors interested in stock spin-offs
- Dividend Watch – Track and analyze over 35,000 stocks and ETFs
- Cabot Wealth Network – The best stocks to buy since 1970
- Real Investment Advice – Original content and real investment advice
- KingsCrowd – The first and only ratings and analytics platform for online private markets
- The Wealth Advisory by Angel Publishing Investment Research
- Validea – Invest using proven quantitative strategies
- Rick Orford – Discover options trading, dividend investing, saving money, and starting a business – all under one roof
- Top 100 Dividend Blogs & Websites on Feedspot
- Top 100 Investment Blogs & Websites on Feedspot
- 100 Dividend Investing Blogs on Frugal Student
- 8 Best Dividend Investing Newsletters on Hashtag Investing
- Best Stock Newsletters on Retire Before Dad
- Top 13 Best Dividend Investor Blogs on Hashtag Investing
Bonus: Top 9 Best Stock Investment Newsletters on Hashtag Investing
Personal Finance Sites
Analyzing dividend stocks is only part of the battle to building a portfolio of high quality dividend stocks purchased at fair or better prices. Saving money while living well is extremely important to the process. The more you save, the more there is to invest.
The following personal finance sites help readers to save more or boost income.
- Retire Before Dad – Build income streams and explore the unusual
- Money Mustache – Early retirement through ‘badassity’
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich – How to raise your income
- Cash Cow Couple – how to grow income and reduce debt
- Financial Samurai – Slicing through money’s mysteries
- Wise Bread – Living large on a small budget
- Money Crashers – Your guide to financial fitness
- Get Rich Slowly – Personal Finance that makes cents
- Money Ning – Personal finance, saving, frugality, and coupons
- Good Financial Cents – Showing that financial freedom is not a myth
- Budgets Are Sexy – A personal finance blog that won’t put you to sleep
- The Simple Dollar – Personal finance simplified
- Vital Dollar – For people looking to improve their financial situation
- The Ways To Wealth – Learn how to make more, save more, and build wealth
- Financial Wolves – Hungry to make and save money
- Kinda Frugal – All about getting ahead and building the life you want by earning more, spending less, and sticking to a budget
Dividend Stock Screeners
The stock screeners below can help you narrow down your search for high quality dividend growth stocks. All stock screeners listed below are free (or have many free features).
- Finviz – Financial visualizations (my favorite screener)
- Yahoo! Finance Screener – Find stocks with many selection criteria
- Zacks Screener – Screener with analyst estimate information
- CNBC Screener – Decent screener with several preset screens
- Reuter’s Screener – Easy to use screen
- The Street – The Street’s ratings-based screener
- Old School Value Screener – over a dozen value-based screens
- Dividend.com Screener – Screener aimed at dividend stocks
- Graham Value – Benjamin Graham value screener
- DividendStocks.cash – Global dividend screener
- Uncle Stock – The fundamental stock screener for smart retail investors
- WallStreetZen – Find investing opportunities based on your personalized filters
- Stock Analysis – Filter and analyze stocks
Bonus: This article provides a solid tutorial for how to generate ideas from stock screeners.
Financial Social Networks & Sites
Looking for ideas from other investors? The sites below help readers gauge sentiment and find ideas from a wide range of authors, contributors, and readers.
- TalkMarkets – Customizable financial content with reader comments
- Stocktwits – Think twitter for stocks
- Twitter – Use the $ symbol in front of a ticker to pull stock specific tweets
- Reddit – Check the following subreddits: dividends, investing, and wallstreetbets
- Hashtag Investing – Learn, share, and grow through real time discussions in this exclusive community of stock investors
Famous Investor Sites
It seems that everyone has an opinion on which stocks are ‘best’. See what some of the wealthiest and most successful investors actually do at the sites below.
- Whale Wisdom – Analysis of top investor portfolios
- Guru Focus – Portfolios, screeners, and articles centered around gurus
- Insider Monkey – Detailed articles and analysis on billionaire investors
The brokerages below are somewhat less known than the ‘big discount brokerages’. These brokerages offer discounted (or free) trades for investors looking to reduce their trading expenses.
- Inveractive Brokers – Extremely discounted full service brokerage. This is the brokerage we use for our real money portfolio in The Sure Dividend Newsletter
- Questrade – Low cost brokerage for self directed investors
Note 1: Questrade review by Dividend Earner
Note 2: Questrade review by Stocktrades.ca
- BrokerChooser – Compare brokers using the same methodology for each broker.
Forums are an excellent way to meet like-minded people and explore investing ideas together.
- Early Retirement Extreme – The fast track to financial independence
- Dividend Growth Forum – Everything about investing in dividend stocks
The sources below cover a wide variety of investing and dividend information.
- Freedom Day Solutions by Krueger & Catalano
- Investor’s Hub Financials – This site offers free historical financials for stocks dating back to 1993.
- Nasdaq Dividend History – See upcoming and historical dividend record dates and payment amounts.
- Motley Fool – Making the world smarter, happier, and richer
Note: Motley Fool Review by Joy Wallet
- The 20 Best Investing Podcasts
- Dividend Aristocrat Ranker on Retire Before Dad
- Canadian Dividend All-Stars List on Dividend Growth Investing & Retirement
- Banking Knowledge Base on Bank Locations
- Free Dividend Tracker from DiviTrack
- Free Dividend Tracker from TrackYourDividends
- Dividend Calculator on Millionaire Mob
- Passive Income and Dividend Investing on My Stock Market Basics
- Expert Roundup on Early Retirement on From Cents to Retirement
The following Sure Dividend databases contain the most reliable dividend stocks in our investment universe:
- The Dividend Contenders List: 10-24 consecutive years of dividend increases.
- The Dividend Challengers List: 5-9 consecutive years of dividend increases.
- The Dividend Aristocrats List: S&P 500 stocks with 25+ years of dividend increases.
- The Highest-Yielding Dividend Aristocrats: The top 20 Dividend Aristocrats with the highest current yields.
- The Dividend Achievers: dividend stocks with 10+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The Dividend Kings: considered to be the ultimate dividend growth stocks, the Dividend Kings list is comprised of stocks with 50+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The Highest-Yielding Dividend Kings: The top 20 Dividend Kings with the highest current yields.
- The Complete List of Monthly Dividend Stocks: stocks that pay dividends each month, for 12 payments over the year.
- The Highest-Yielding Monthly Dividend Stocks: the 20 monthly dividend stocks with the highest current yields.
- The Blue Chip Stocks List: this database contains stocks that qualify as either Dividend Achievers, Dividend Aristocrats, or Dividend Kings.
- Dividend Growth Stocks List: All dividend stocks with 14+ years of rising dividends.